Phone: 0 212 533 65 32 / 1359
|Undergrad:||METU – Physics (1994)|
|Master:||METU– Nuclear Physics (1997)|
|PhD:||University of Tennessee – Nuclear Physics (2005)
|Postdoc:||Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung (GSI) – Darmstadt, Germany (2005-2007)
|Postdoc:||Yale University – Advisor: (2007-2009)|
|Asst. Prof.:||Kadir Has University– (2009-2015)|
|Asst. Prof. (adjunct):||Boğaziçi University– Department of Biomedical Engineering (2009-2015)|
|Assoc. Prof.:||Kadir Has University– (2015-now)|
- TÜBİTAK 2219 International Visiting Scholarship, 2016.
- Outstanding Academic Performance Award, Kadir Has University, 2009-2010.
- Science Alliance Fellowship, University of Tennesse-ORNL, 1998.
- Bell-Atlantic Fellowship, George Washington University, 1997-1998.
- Physics I (undergraduate),
- Multicore Architectures and Parallel Programming, (undergraduate/graduate),
- System Programming (undergraduate/graduate),
- Operating Systems (undergraduate/graduate),
- Structured Programming (undergraduate),
- Python Programming (undergraduate),
- Systems Biology (graduate),
- Computational Systems Biology (PhD)
- A Survey of Quantum Many-body Methods (undergraduate) (Boğaziçi University)
- Mathematical Modeling for Genetic Circuits (graduate) (Boğaziçi University)
American Physical Society
New York Academy of Sciences
Theoretical Nuclear Structure Physics: Quantum Monte Carlo methods for nuclear applications, microscopic calculation of thermal and statistical nuclear properties
Theoretical/Computational Systems Biology: Gene regulatory network dynamics and design
Past and Current Projects:
|TÜBİTAK-1001 . 112T973 “Calculation of Nuclear Spin Distributions Using A Microscopic Model”, Principal investigator”. Budget: 112,000 TL (2013-2016).|
|Kadir Has University BAP. “Acceleration of Monte Carlo Algorithms on Graphical processing Units”, Principal investigator. Budget: 18,000 TL (2011-2013).|
|TÜBİTAK-1001 110R004“Calculation of Parity-dependent Nuclear Level Densities in a Quantum Monte Carlo Approach”, Principal investigator. Budget: 98,000 TL (2010-2012).|
- C. Özen, Y. Alhassid and H. Nakada, “Nuclear state densities of odd-mass heavy nuclei in the shell model Monte Carlo approach”, Phys. Rev. C 91 (2015) 034329 (2015)
- Y. Alhassid, M. Bonett-Matiz, A. Mukherjee , H. Nakada and C. Özen, “Recent Advances in the Application of the Shell Model Monte Carlo Approach to Nuclei”, J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 580 (2015) 012009. (2015)
- C. Özen, Y. Alhassid, and H. Nakada, “Collective Enhancement of Nuclear State Densities by the Shell Model Monte Carlo Approach”, J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 590 (2015) 012025. (2015)
- C. Özen and N.T. Zinner, “Mapping the Two-Component Atomic Fermi Gas to the Nuclear Shell Model”, J. Eur. Phys. D 68 (2014) 225. (2014)
- Y. Alhassid, C. Özen and H. Nakada, “Calculating Level Densities of Heavy Nuclei by the Shell Model Monte Carlo Method“, Nucl. Data Sheets 118 (2014) 233. (2014)
- C. Özen, Y. Alhassid and H. Nakada, “The crossover from vibrational to rotational collectivity in heavy nuclei in the shell-model Monte Carlo approach”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110 (2013) 042502. (2013)
- E. İşeri and C. Özen, “Turkey’s nuclear energy policy: towards a sustainable energy mix?”, Int. J. Nuclear Governance, Economy and Ecology, Vol. 4, No. 1 (2013) 41. (2013)
- Y. Alhassid, A. Mukherjee, H. Nakada and C. Özen, “Recent developments in the shell model Monte Carlo approach to nuclei”, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 403 (2012) 012012. (2012)
- N.T. Zinner, K. Mølmer, C. Özen, D.J. Dean, and K. Langanke, “Shell-model Monte Carlo simulations of the BCS-BEC crossover in few-fermion systems”, Phys. Rev. A 80 (2009) 013613. (2009)
- Y. Kalmykov, C. Özen, K. Langanke, G. Martinez-Pinedo, P. von Neumann-Cosel, and A.Richter, “Spin- and Parity-Resolved Level Densities from the Fine Structure of Giant Resonances”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99 (2007) 202502. (2007)
- C. Özen, K. Langanke, G. Martinez-Pinedo and D.J. Dean, “Parity-projected Shell Model Monte 3 Carlo Level Densities for fp-shell Nuclei”, Phys. Rev. C75 (2007) 064307. (2007)
- C. Özen, D. J. Dean, “Shell Model Monte Carlo Method in the pn-formalism and Applications to the Zr and Mo Isotopes”, Phys. Rev. C73 (2006) 014302. (2006)
- M. Congedo, C. Özen, L. Sherlin, “Notes on EEG Resampling by Natural Cubic Spline Interpolation”, J. Neurotherapy, 6, 73 (2002).
Seher Uğurcuklu, graduate student, Boğaziçi University, 2013-2014, received her M.S. in 2014
Enes Akyüz, graduate student, Istanbul University, 2012-2013, received his M.S. in 2013.
Markus Leykauf, diplom student, TU Darmstadt/GSI, Germany, 2006-2007.